Greenbrier Christian Academy seeks an enthusiastic and committed Upper School Biology and Anatomy teacher for the academic year 2023-24. This is a full-time, benefited faculty position reporting to the Collegiate Principal.
- This position will teach up to five sections of Upper School Biology and Anatomy classes, most likely three sections of Biology, and two sections of Anatomy.
- The preferred candidate will:
o Build productive relationships with students and provide a respectful and supportive learning environment;
o Plan and deliver creative and effective instruction that develops critical thinking skills;
o Utilize technology to facilitate instruction;
o Collaborate effectively with colleagues;
o Post and maintain curriculum, syllabi, and grades;
o Demonstrate familiarity with differentiated learning instruction.
- The position includes other duties as assigned by the Director of Upper School.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major concentration in Biology, Anatomy, or a related subject is required.
- The preferred candidate will have:
o Master’s degree in Biology, Anatomy or related subject and/or Commonwealth of Virginia certification;
o Relevant classroom experience;
o Technological proficiency in the classroom including Google Educational apps and electronic grade books;
o Growth mindset and willingness to pursue ongoing professional development;
o Experience with coaching and/or club sponsorship;
o Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and education
- Comprehensive benefits package available
Interested candidates should email their resume and testimony of salvation to email@example.com with the submission of the online employment application.