Do you want a rewarding career working with children and adults with a variety of special needs? Do you have patience, integrity, initiative, and dedication? If so, then APTS would like the opportunity to speak with you,
Alternative Paths Training School's (APTS) mission is to provide students with the knowledge and practical skills essential for their successful integration into the community.
APTS® is searching for a Program Facilitator – Behavior Intervention & Special Education. Monday through Friday 7:30am-3:30pm.
APTS prides itself in providing the best work environment for our staff members and we offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- 120 Hours of Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Basic & Optional Life, Long & Short-term Disability
- 401K Plan
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Training & Development Opportunities
APTS offers our employees an extremely support environment in and out of the classroom. Throughout the course of the school day, you will:
- Support the Special Education Teacher with carrying out lesson plans/activities to help students reach their academic goals.
- Assist the student with the physical tasks such as, using the restroom, hand washing, daily living, etc.
- Support student's by carrying out behavioral strategies (Applied Behavior Analysis) to include:
- Proactive & Reactive Strategies
- Crisis Intervention
- Collect behavioral data based on each students Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP)
- Assist with transportation of students between school and home door-to-door, and during community-based instruction.
- Establish and maintain appropriate interactions with students.
- Maintain a professional attitude and consistent respect towards the students.
- High School Diploma - required
- 1 year of experience
- Minimum of 4 years of active military duty
APTS® or any of its subsidiaries, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. APTS® is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.