Blessed Sacrament Huguenot Catholic School - (Powhatan, VA)
BSH seeks an enthusiastic and committed Math teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. Core duties for this position include teaching a maximum of six courses which may include Geometry, Algebra II, Calculus, Statistics, and Pre-Calculus.
Required Qualifications: The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree and current Virginia teacher license and endorsement in assigned teaching areas.
- Model for students the mission and values of BSH
- Demonstrate subject matter competency and the ability to communicate that to middle and high school students
- Devise a system of classroom order and discipline which contributes to the learning of all students
- Be available to students who need assistance
- Exercise professionalism at all times with students, parents, and colleagues
- Demonstrate technological proficiency in the classroom
- Other Duties as assigned
Additional Preferred Qualifications
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and Diocesan application to Paula Ledbetter, Head of School.
- Experience working with high school students
- Ability to work collaboratively to promote student learning
- Excellent organizational and communication skills