Manager of Campaigns and Major Gifts
The Potomac School, an independent K-12 school in McLean, VA, seeks a Manager of Campaigns and Major gifts. This role is a full-time position and member of The Potomac School’s Advancement Office with responsibility for the overall management and day-to-day operations of the current comprehensive campaign through 2021, and subsequent major gifts initiatives identified by the School’s leadership thereafter. Reporting to the Director of Advancement and working in partnership with the campaign consultant and senior staff, the Manager ensures that all aspects of the campaign run smoothly and efficiently, including execution of the campaign operating plan, adherence to the campaign timetable, and achievement of the campaign goals.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising; experience working in a campaign environment preferred
- Proficiency in data base management and moves management functionality
- Excellent communications skills, including strong writing skills
- Strong quantitative skills; experience creating donor reports and analysis preferred
- Experience in prospect research with working knowledge of external databases and resources available for obtaining information
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and independently manage multiple, diverse and competing priorities while meeting deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal skills that foster positive relationships with diverse populations
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and email and demonstrated ability to quickly learn various software programs
- Strong organizational skills and unfailing attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of work
In striving to fulfill its mission, Potomac School seeks many different voices, viewpoints, and backgrounds. Qualified applicants should complete this short form and attach their cover letter and resume or mail materials to: Human Resources Department, The Potomac School, 1301 Potomac School Rd., McLean, VA 22101. For more information on The Potomac School, and to view the full position description, please visit our website at www.potomacschool.org. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Link to full job description:
The Potomac School - McLean, Virginia