Do you want a rewarding career working with children and adults with a variety of special needs? Do you have patience, integrity, initiative, and dedication? If so, then APTS® would like the opportunity to speak with you.
Alternative Paths Training School's (APTS®) mission is to provide students with the knowledge and practical skills essential for their successful integration into the community.
APTS® is searching for a Special Education Teacher. Monday through Friday 7:30am-3:30pm.
APTS® prides itself in providing the best work environment for our staff members and we offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary starting at 54,000 per year. Considerations will be made based on the number of years of licensed teaching experience
- $2500 sign on bonus
- 120 Hours of PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Medical (Health, Individual & Dependent coverage), Dental, Vision
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
- 401k Plan: Company matches half of your contribution, up to 4% of your salary
- Professional Development Reimbursement up to $2,000 per school year for approved programs (CEU hours)
- Reimbursement for Fitness Memberships ($12/month)
- Training and development opportunities
APTS® offers our employees an extremely supported environment in and out of the classroom. Throughout the course of the school day, you will:
- Develop and implement Individualized Education Plan (IEP) based on results of psycho-educational and other assessments, including implementing strategies developed by speech, occupational, physical therapists, or other IEP mandated service providers
- Develop lesson plans on a weekly and monthly basis for each student based on their IEP goals/objectives and in keeping with state requirements (i.e., Standards of Learning/Alternate Assessment)
- Carry out behavioral strategies, including crisis intervention in keeping with APTS policies and procedures and regulations governing private special education day schools
- Administer appropriate state assessments
- Bachelor’s Degree in special education required, master’s degree preferred, or 15 credits accrued towards master’s degree preferred
- Must possess or be immediately eligible to possess a collegiate level or postgraduate level Virginia teaching certificate with a Special Education endorsement. In lieu of a complete endorsement, a provisional license may be granted if the teacher is actively working towards completing the endorsement.
APTS® or any of its subsidiaries, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. APTS® is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
All employees and most students are wearing face masks and common areas are sanitized regularly.